cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pixma mx922

ted66
Contributor

I have a pixma mx922. It worked ok until a couple of days ago. When I try to scan using the IJ Scan Utility, it displays

Cannot communicate with scanner for these reasons:
- Scanner is turned off.
- USB cable is disconnected.

I can print, so the USB cable must be connected.

I can scan using the scanner icon at the upper right of the print display window, so the scanner isn't turned off.

Anyone have an idea of what's wrong and how to fix it?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi ted66,

Please open the IJ Scan Utility and click on the Settings button in the lower right corner.

figure: IJ Scan Utility

Click on Document Scan on the left hand side.  Place a check mark next to "Check scan results" and click OK

figure: Settings dialog

Once set, please click the Document button on the IJ Scan Utility.

When scanning is complete, click Exit and the Save Settings window will appear.

figure: Save Settings dialog

For further reference, please use the below link to access the Scanning section of the Online manual for your PIXMA MX922:

https://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/ScanUtility/M/MX920%20series/1.1/EN/SU/Top.html

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi ted66,

Also, if you have ADF selected (not Platen/ADF), you can adjust the orientation settings.

Please use the link below to view all of the settings available for "Document Scan":

https://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/ScanUtility/M/MX920%20series/1.1/EN/SU/Su-110.html

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Stephen

Hello!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know the Computer Operating System you're using (Windows Vista/7/8/10 or macOS 10.x).

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If you're in the United States, and this is an urgent support need, please click HERE to visit your My Canon Account to discover your personalized support options. 

If you're outside of the USA, please click HERE to find support options in your country.

Thanks and have a great day!

ted66
Contributor

I'm using a Macbook Pro running High Sierra OS 10.13.6

The problem has been solved. Somehow the Product Name was changed from "Canon MX920 series Network" to "Canon MX920 series". I changed it back and now it works.

Now there's another problem. In the past, when I finished scanning the pages, it displayed all of the pages and I could rotate them and change the order. Now it just puts the whole thing into a file. I have no control over anything, including the name of the file.

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi ted66,

Please open the IJ Scan Utility and click on the Settings button in the lower right corner.

figure: IJ Scan Utility

Click on Document Scan on the left hand side.  Place a check mark next to "Check scan results" and click OK

figure: Settings dialog

Once set, please click the Document button on the IJ Scan Utility.

When scanning is complete, click Exit and the Save Settings window will appear.

figure: Save Settings dialog

For further reference, please use the below link to access the Scanning section of the Online manual for your PIXMA MX922:

https://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/ScanUtility/M/MX920%20series/1.1/EN/SU/Top.html

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi ted66,

Also, if you have ADF selected (not Platen/ADF), you can adjust the orientation settings.

Please use the link below to view all of the settings available for "Document Scan":

https://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/ScanUtility/M/MX920%20series/1.1/EN/SU/Su-110.html

Patrick,

Thank you for your solutions. As they say (and I mean it - like everyone else does) I have no idea how these settings got changed - I didn't (consciously) do it. Maybe it happened when I upgraded the MAC OS from Sierra to High Sierra (10.13).

Thank you.

ted66

ted66
Contributor

Now another interesting thing is happening. It's ok since I can easily "correct" it, and most of the time it's what I want.

It automatically rotates an upside-down page to right-side up.

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi ted66,

Please open the IJ Scan Utility again.  Click on the Settings button and then Document Scan.

On the right side, click on Image Processing Settings

Untitled.jpg

Uncheck "Correct slanted text document" and "Detect the orientation of text document and rotate image"

Once complete, please attempt to scan.

ET65MalibuSS
Apprentice

Just given a MX922, still sealed in box that was purchased in 2017

I have a ZT sytems computer, windows 10 home, intel R, 64 bit OS/processor, 12G ram

USB connection to computer

Everything loaded and works except the scanner is NOT loading/working ?

I have removed/reloaded multiple times.

tried to call support but ofcoarse way past purchase warrenty.

Please help

Announcements