cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pixma mx870 and window 11

arturuis
Apprentice

hello i have an pixma mx870 printer and a new window 11 desktop which I want to connect through the wireless network.  I noticed when looking for the drivers that there were none available for windows 11.  I downloaded the win10 in hopes they would work but they didn't. Is there a work around or will cannon make a driver for win 11?

thank you for your assistance,

Arturuis

16 REPLIES 16

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi arturuis,

The PIXMA MX870 is not supported with Windows 11.  You are eligible for Canon's Upgrade Program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service, or for some reason are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This option allows you a one-time opportunity to purchase a replacement product, discounted from the list price.

If you would like to take part in this option, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 Monday through Saturday, 9am to 9pm. Let them know you have been working with technical support and the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Interesting for any problem you have the same answer, BUY NEW. Maybe try to get a driver for win 11???

Gizmo
Apprentice

Had the same problem with my Canon MX870/ Windows 11. Fixed the problem by downloading the following driver .. webpage .. MX870 series MP Driver Ver.1.06 (Windows) | Canon Australia 

Above should take you to :

https://www.canon.com.au/support/sims-content?pid=370d14cb24a44e22a0b2871b663e73f8&cid=655A5B6CC2434...

Thankfully, saved $$'s not having to buy another printer!

doesn't say win 11

karenb85
Apprentice

I think Canon needs to make sure there is a windows 11 print driver available now that almost all new computers are windows 11.

ijacob007
Contributor

No, all they say is buy a new printer. Thanks for nothing Canon

The link provided by Gizmo does not allow download. However this one works:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjV3N-OxbL6A...

You should state that you are located in USA, then download the driver. Even though it is meant for Win 10, it works for Win 11.

Thanks for the link.  Odd thing is I had a Win 11 laptop with my MX870 working perfectly on it.  That laptop was stolen and I ran into this problem getting the exact same model setup!  Not sure why my LIKE is not showing up.  

This link worked for me.  Thanks for finding a solution and posting it.

I also had a window 11 laptop that I set up 2 years ago, loaded the drivers and prints fine.  Sad that they stopped supporting in US.

Announcements