cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pixma mx490 is listed as offline

cdietrich
Contributor

I connect the printer to the wireless and it says it is connected and then when I go to print it says the printer is offline. I connect the labtop to the printer via the cord and print and it works but when I try to use the diagnostic and repair tool that popped up from when I tried to print wirelessly it says the printer cannot be found. So the printer is listed as offline when the printer says it is connected to the wifi, and the cannon diagnostic and repair tool cannot find the printer when it is connected via cable. This comes after it was looping through a turn on and off non-stop where I had to turn off the wifi to get the printer to stop the constant on-off-on-off-on-off-on-off-on loop. It is a windows 10 system on the computer which I don't see how it is relevant considering it seems the problem is the printer is not connecting to the wireless even though it says it is. The printer and wireless router are on different floors of the house so I am not running cables but otherwise they are maybe 15ft apart and they have been set like that for years without problems till now.

2 REPLIES 2

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

I recommend checking to see if your computer can access the printers remote user interface. 

Open a web browser on your computer, and in the address bar, please type the IP Address on the configuration page into the address bar. Next, tap Go or Enter to access the page. Are you able to see the printer's remote interface?

If you dont have the printer's ip address, please click HERE for steps to print the network settings of your MX490. 

We look forward to your reply. Also if you would like to wish to someone in real time, please click HERE and when the page opens, select the chat feature and ask to speak to a live person. 

That just brought up a Bing page of websites of IP address information which is listed as private. I thought it would not have an active IP address that I could access since it is not connected to the wifi or at least is not discoverable on the wifi.

Announcements