cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pixma flashing lights

Banjanan65
Apprentice

i have A PIXMA IP8720.  I have flashing white and amber lights, altenating....(white, yellow...white, yellow etc) 10 time each.  printed this am fine, now flashing lights and wont print

2 REPLIES 2

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Screenshot 2022-04-19 183901.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

cooltouch
Contributor

10 flashes means a B200 error code. I know because my printer generated this code just a little while ago and I've been researching if there's anything I can do about it. And there is, sort of. Some folks have had luck removing the print head, cleaning it properly (making sure not to get the electrical contacts wet -- a piece of packing tape is good for this), then reinstalling it. If you're lucky, this might clear the code. I haven't been so lucky yet. I removed my Pixma ix6820's print head a few times -- first to clean it, then to double-check that I'd reseated it correctly (I had). But it still won't clear the code.  You can buy replacement print heads, but I suppose it is a gamble whether the fault lies with the print head itself, or something deeper inside, pertaining to that circuit.

My printer has lasted me 5-1/2 years, so I guess I can't complain too much. But it's been very light duty for these 5-1/2 years, and I guess I just expected a bit more robustness out of this product.

I'm an old-time Canon camera user -- I have Canon cameras that date back as much as 70 years and they still work fine. Wish I could say the same about my printer.

Best,
Michael
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements