If the One Note program uses the TWAIN interface, then it may work, however, we have not tested the printers with One Note, so we cannot guarantee that scanning and creating searchable text data documents is possible with that program. We recommend that you refer to the One Note documentation and online assistance to determine if the One Note program will perform in the manner that you described.
There is a program that comes with the PIXMA MX350 named MP Navigator that can assist you with scanning in documents and saving them as searchable PDF files. To do this, please follow these steps:
1. Launch MP Navigator EX.
2. When MP Navigator opens, click on the SCAN/IMPORT option at the top left of the window, then click the STACK OF DOCUMENTS (ADF) option.
3. Place the documents you want to scan in the automatic document feeder on the top of the printer, then select your Document Type (either Color or Black and White Document).
4. Click SPECIFY... to modify the document size and resolution as required, then click OK. By default, the document size selected is 'Auto Detect', and the Resolution selected is '300 dpi'. Both of these settings are usually satisfactory if you want to scan a document in as-is. If you need to specify a higher resolution scan or specific document size, please click on the 'SPECIFY' button.
5. Click the green SCAN button on the screen. Scanning starts. When scanning is completed, the Scan Complete dialog box opens.
6. Select SCAN or EXIT. You will select 'Scan' to scan the next document if there is one, or select 'Exit' to end scanning.
7. The scanned images appear in the Thumbnail window. Please put a checkmark under all of the images you want to save as a single PDF file.
8. Save the scanned images by selecting the 'SAVE AS PDF' option on the bottom left-hand corner of the window. Selecting the 'SAVE AS PDF' option will save your file in a PDF format.
9. Once you make a selection in Step 8 above, a window will appear giving you additional options for the file you are trying to save.
9-1. The 'SAVE IN' section will show you where the document is going to be saved. By default, the files are saved in the Pictures folder in a folder labeled 'MP Navigator EX'. If you would like to specify a different location to save the files to, please click on the 'BROWSE..' button and select the location where you want to save the file, the press the 'OK' button to return to the save window.
9-2. The 'FILE NAME' section will let you name the file you are saving. By default, the file name will be 'IMG'; you can delete that out and name the file whatever you like.
9-3. The 'SAVE AS TYPE' section will allow you to choose the file output type. Since you selected the 'Save as PDF' option, you will be able to save the file as a single or multi-page PDF file.
9-4. The 'SAVE TO A SUBFOLDER WITH THE CURRENT DATE' option will let you save the file in a subfolder with the current date inside of the folder location you selected in step 9-1 above. If do not want a subfolder created with the current date inside of the folder you selected in step 9-1 above, please uncheck the 'Save to a Subfolder with Current Date' option.
10. Click the SAVE button. The scanned images will be saved according to the settings you selected above.
11. Once the file is save, you will be given the option to 'OPEN SAVE LOCATION' or 'CLOSE'. Select the OPEN SAVE LOCATION option. This will take you to the VIEW AND USE section of MP Navigator. If the VIEW AND USE window does not appear, please close out of the application, then open it again and select the VIEW AND USE option from the top of the MP NAVIGATOR main screen.
12. From the VIEW AND USE section, locate the file that you recently scanned in, then click the PDF option on the left side of the window. If the option is not displayed and you see a folder tree instead, click on the two up carets above the JUMP TO MAIN MENU button to display the PDF option.
13. After clicking on the PDF option, select the CREATE/EDIT PDF button. This will show all pages that were scanned in as the PDF file that was created earlier. You can rearrange the pages of the PDF file from this window if you choose, or if the pages are already in the order you would like, click on the SAVE ALL PAGES option at the bottom of the window. This will open the SAVE AS PDF FILE dialog box.
14. From the SAVE AS PDF FILE dialog box, select a save location to save the newly created PDF file, then click the SET button next to the SAVE AS TYPE field. In the PDF SETTINGS dialog box that opens, click the ENABLE KEYWORD SEARCH checkbox, then select the Document Language and click the OK button at the bottom of the window to return to the SAVE AS PDF FILE dialog box.
15. Click the SAVE button in the window to save the PDF document. The document should now be saved in the location specified in step 14 above as a searchable PDF file.
Hope this helps!
This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us using one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.