cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

netgear WNDR3700v2 has to be rebooted for my wireless Windows 7 laptop to see Canon MF 4270.

fireman-175
Apprentice

I have a home network using a Netgear WNDR3700v2 wireless router with a tap into a switch for wired access throughout my home.  My Canon MF4270 is hardwired into this.  My PC is hardwired and my laptop is wireless.  I am normally able to print from my laptop (windows 7) to the printer.  However, every couple of weeks I find the printer grayed out on my laptop and unable to print.  It will not even see the printer if I delete and add a printer.

My only fix is I have to log onto my router and reboot the router.  Then it all works fine, for another two weeks.  Any suggestions?

1 REPLY 1

Deborah
Enthusiast

Hi fireman-175,

If printing is successful with a hardwire Ethernet connection between your MF4270 and your PC, we can determine that your laser printer is functioning properly.  There are a few possible causes of the connection being lost between your wireless router, wireless laptop and laser printer: the tap into switch; some routers overheat and drop signals; signal range; and more.

The MF4270 is not inherently wireless, however I would first recommend checking with your wireless router manufacturer to take the status of the router and the configuration being used out of the equation.  Should you have further questions, please feel free to Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements