cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mx922 printer not printing MS Word 2021

fotohoward
Apprentice

Since upgrading to MS Office 2021 and using Word, text doesn't print with my Canon MX922 printer.  It goes through the process but produces only blank pages.  Strangely, if I were to add an image to the Word document, the image is printed but not text.  I went to Canon webpage to download recent drivers and no change in printing resulted.

Does anyone have a solution?  It this a printer problem or a problem with MS Office 2021?

5 REPLIES 5

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi fotohoward,

First, please make sure that your PGBK ink tank contains ink.  Next, please perform a test of your PIXMA MX922.  To do this, please load plain paper into your PIXMA MX922 and then follow these steps:

1.  Please press the MENU button on your PIXMA MX922

2.  Use the down arrow key until the wrench and screwdriver icon is selected, then press OK

3.  On Maintenance, press the OK button

4.  Select Print nozzle check pattern and then press OK

5.  Select Yes and then press the OK button

Please compare your printout with the example below.

Did a black grid print to the right of |PGBK| at the top of the page?

Are there any boxes missing within the grid?

Below that, did 3 blue, 3 pink, 1 yellow and 1 gray bars print?

If the grid is missing, please select "Also B" on your printer's display to perform a printhead cleaning.

MX922 Nozzle Check.jpg

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Patrick, I thank you for your reply.  Currently I can't perform your recommendation but I'll certainly do so as soon as time permits.

Howard

After performing your suggested solution to my print problems I report that at first the nozzle check the PGBK pattern was completely missing.  Then after five cleanings, one deep cleaning, and a cartridge change there is now a broken up pattern on the PGBK.  Unless otherwise recommended, I do a few more cleanings with the hope that I can again get my blacks printing as they should.

Thank you again for your suggestion.

Howard

Yes, perform some additional deep cleanings to try and restore the print head performance.

The PGBK ink is a pigment ink and more susceptible to clogging than the other inks, which are dye inks.

Once you are back to normal I suggest you run a nozzle check once every week or two just to keep things flowing. Nozzle checks don't use much ink, but the do help to prevent clogs.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

fotohoward
Apprentice

Indeed, I did perform nozzle checks and alignments numerous times since reporting and the only outcome was the need to replace ink cartridges.  In frustration, I finally removed the printhead, cleaned it and put it back together.  It now prints as it should!

Thanks to all.

Howard

Announcements