cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mx340 the scan function will not work with wireless.

llk
Apprentice

I am having issues with the scan function on my MX340 it will not work with wireless.  I have uninstalled and then reinstalled the drivers, however this does not work. Any suggestions.  My environment is windows 7  - 64 bit.   

6 REPLIES 6

Ramona
Authority

Hi llk,

If you print the network settings of the printer by following the steps below, is the link status that displays on the printout active or inactive? 

1. Make sure that the machine is turned on.

2. Press the Menu button repeatedly until Device settings appears.

3. Use the LEFTRIGHT button to select LAN Settings, then press the OK button.

4. Similarly, use the LEFTRIGHT button to select Print LAN details then press the OK button.

We look forward to hearing from you!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I have a problem scanning on my mx340 after upgrading to IE 11. I'm using Windows 7 64-bit. I cannot launch the MP Navigator from the Canon Menu

What does the printout show that is of any use to solve this problem?

Hi jenningse,

If you are experiencing difficulties using the MP Navigator, it is recommended that it is reinstalled.  To do this, please follow these steps:

1.  Click on Start and then Control Panel.

2.  Click on Programs.

3.  Click on the MP Navigator and then click Uninstall at the top.

4.  Follow the prompts to uninstall the MP Navigator.

5.  Once removed, please restart your computer.

When the computer restarts, please follow these steps:

1.  Visit Canon's website at:    http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer

2.  Type PIXMA MX340 in the "Enter Your Model Name" box and click GO.

3.  On the Support page for your unit, click the 'Drivers & Software' link in the middle of the page.

4.  Click Software.

5.  Select the MP Navigator EX from this list.

6.  If you agree, please select the checkbox next to "I have read and agree to the terms of the Disclaimer and wish to continue with the download".

7.  Click the Download button.

8.  When the Save As box comes up, choose Desktop and click Save.  

9.  Once the download is complete, close all windows.

10.  Double click [mpnx_3_1-win-3_14-ej.exe] on the Desktop.

Files will extract and installation will complete.

Once reinstalled, please attempt to use the MP Navigator EX.

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/standard_display/contact_us_consumer

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

It has stopped working with LAN USB alos, so don't fret. Code 5, 145, 55 - but no way to find out what those codes mean,  to troubleshoot. It's just a falming piece of garbage with no support. It won't even re-install drivers and detect the device - meanwhile the printer still works and the scanner worked yesterday.
 So angry with Canon and the lack of support and their consistently garbagey printer/scanners.

Hi BonoVox.

The Canon Community Forum is not for immediate assistance. If this is a time-sensitive matter, you may click HERE to search our knowledge base, or create/log into a Canon Account and register your printer HERE for your personalized support options.

If the MX340 is not scanning by USB, WiFi, or Ethernet, and it is otherwise printing, check the printer's network settings page.  For scanning, we recommend at least 80% signal strength. If the computer is a laptop, then for USB connectivity, ensure the computer is connected to external power. The USB signal while on battery power may be too low for the MX340 to detect.

If the above checks out, then ensure your firewall/antivirus is up to date, and add exceptions for the MX340's communications.  For directions on adding exceptions, refer to the security software's documentation and support.  A list of ports commonly used by Canon printers may be found at the following page: https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART174139

Announcements