Uninstalling the network port and printer driver and reinstalling them will resolve this issue. To do this, please follow these steps:
1. Put the PIXMA MX922's CDROM in the CDROM drive. If the welcome screen appears, exit it.
2. Place the cursor in the upper right hand corner of your screen to display the Charms Menu.
3. Click on Search.
4. Type RUN.
5. In the Search Results, click APPS and then click RUN in the results to the left.
6. Click Browse. In the Browse window, click on "Computer".
7. Double click the CANON_IJ CDROM.
8. Double click the folder named WIN.
9. Double click the folder named Driver.
10. Double click the folder named DrvSetup.
11. Double click the file named DELDRV. If you are using the 64 bit version of Windows, double click DELDRV64.
12. In the Run box click OK and follow the on-screen prompts to remove the driver.
Once complete, please follow these steps:
1. Place the cursor in the upper right hand corner of your screen to display the Charms Menu.
2. Click on Search.
3. Type RUN.
4. In the Search Results, click APPS and then click RUN in the results to the left.
5. Click Browse. In the Browse window, click on "Computer".
6. Double click the CANON_IJ CDROM.
7. Double click the folder named WIN.
8. Double click the folder named Driver.
9. Double click the folder named LAN.
10. Double click the file named CNMNPU.exe
11. In the Run box click OK.
12. Follow the prompts to uninstall.
Once complete, restart the computer.
To install the unit for use over your network wirelessly, please follow these steps when the computer restarts:
1. Press the <Menu> button on your PIXMA MX922.
2. Select Setup and press the <OK> button.
3. Select Device settings and press <OK>.
4. Select LAN settings and press <OK>.
5. Select Wireless LAN setup and press <OK>.
6. Select Other setup and press <OK>.
7. Select Advanced setup and press <OK>.
8. Follow the on screen prompts to complete the setup.
Next, please download the latest driver for your PIXMA MX922:
1. Visit Canon's website at: http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer
2. Type PIXMA MX922 in the "Enter Your Model Name" box and click GO.
3. On the Support page for your unit, click the 'Drivers & Software' link in the middle of the page.
4. Under Recommended Downloads, please click on the MX920 Mini Master Setup.
5. If you agree, please select the checkbox next to "I have read and agree to the terms of the Disclaimer and wish to
continue with the download".
6. Click on the Download button.
7. A File Download box should appear. When it does, select Save.
8. When the Save As box comes up, close all windows.
9. Once the download is complete, open the Downloads folder.
10. Double click the [mast-win-mx920-1_0-ucd.exe] file.
Files will extract. Follow the prompts and the installation will complete.
Once reinstalled, please attempt to scan.
If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:
My problem isn't that my MX922 won't scan -- the issue is that it doesn't do so in true color.
I used it to print a saved file of a dark-green sign; the print came out dark green, as it should have.
I then scanned that printout, and sent the file to my computer; for some reason, the green was noticeably lighter. Other colors in the sign were similarly muted. Scan resolution was at 300dpi.
I printed out this new image scanned from the first print. The second print was, again, a good deal lighter than the first.
To see if it was a printer/computer disagreement (I'd heard there may be some issues interfacing with Windows 10), I took the computer out of the loop entirely, and simply had the printer COPY the original printout, again at 300dpi. This time, the colors were noticeably DARKER than the original, to the point that the dark green was almost black.
Are you aware of any reports of the Canon MX922 not scanning in true color?