cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mg2920 will not copy bottom 1" of text in Black or Color copy mode

mhinkle
Apprentice

Hi guys,

I'm sure this is user error, but my printer will not copy the bottom 1" or so of any document I place on the glass using the black or copy buttons. It seems to print fine when opening the doc on the pc and printing, it's just the manual copy buttons on the machine that are not working right. I don't see any settings for this in the app so I don't know how to fix it--any ideas? Canon MG2920 connected wirelessly to my Win-10 OS laptop

4 REPLIES 4

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi mhinkle,

The printable area of the PIXMA MG2920 is 8.00" x 10.22", that is why your copy is being cut off.

More information can be viewed here:

https://ij.manual.canon/ij/webmanual/Manual/W/MG2900%20series/EN/BG/bg-loading2030.html

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hmm, so Patrick, the only solution would be to shrink the original so that it would fit within the max copy size of 8.0 x 10.22 for the 8.5 x 11 paper size? Anyone know what that % reduction would be offhand?

Hi mhinkle,

When using the copy function on the printer itself, reducing the original is not supported.

It is recommended that this document is scanned and saved to your computer and then printed from your computer.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

if that were true, what good would the copy function be at all? I mean, it's pretty worthless as a "feature" if it always cuts off the full document being copied. The copy is supposed to be one of the features of this printer-right?

Announcements