cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

match monitor to printed photo

kvspcl
Apprentice

I currently have the Pixma Pro9000 printer.  I recently got a new LG monitor (LG 27UD68) which is calibrated. I use photoshop elements 14 and can not get my printed photos close to what’s displayed on the monitor.   Can anyone help me? 

While I understand matching colors between the monitor and the printed picture will never be exact, I am unable to get it close, especially reds and flesh tones.  I've cleaned all nozzles and there was no difference.  I've researched and I can't figure it out, however, I am not all that computer savvy.  (great at taking pictures tho !)   Prior to the new monitor, my printed pictures pretty much matched what appeared on the monitor.  It's since the new monitor that I'm having such problems.

Is the monitor too new for the older photo printer?  

1 REPLY 1

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

There are many factors involved with matching printed output with a monitor.  For precise matching, calibration hardware may be needed. 

For testing purposes, try printing an unedited photo from an entirely different program to see if the results are closer.

Since the printer worked fine before the monitor was changed, you may want to consider contacting LG to see if there are any adjustments that can be made with the display.  If the old monitor is available, try connecting the old monitor to see if the output still matches what is displayed on the old monitor.

If you continue to have difficulties, find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements