cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

maintenance screen

ZedoB3
Apprentice

how do I get to the maintenance screen to use black ink only?

3 REPLIES 3

John_B
Rising Star

Welcome to the Canon Forums and thanks for your post!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know what operating system (Windows Vista/7/8 or Mac OS 10.X) you are using and which product you have. That way, the community will be able to assist you with suggestions appropriate for your product.

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help 24/7 via Email at http://bit.ly/CanonEmail or by phone at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks!

I have Win 8.1 on my HP Pavillion tower and my mx410 printer will not print all that is shown on my screen. The light grey notes do not print out on a new copy. I'm trying to isolate the black ink in order to see if I can resolve my problem. This never happen before...I've had this printer for 5 years. Any help would be appreciated....

Ramona
Authority

Hi ZedoB3,

You can select the option to print using only the black ink cartridge in the unit from within the printer driver.  To do this, please follow the steps shown here.  Also, if the ink is not printing on the page correctly, we recommend printing a nozzle check pattern from the printer by following the steps located here to ensure the inkjet nozzles are printing correctly, and if they are not, we recommend performing at least one cleaning and two deep cleanings on the unit to try and resolve the issue. 

If you still experience difficulty, we ask that you please contact a Canon technical support representative for further assistance by entering your product name and selecting a support method here. A representative will be happy to assist you free of charge.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements