cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ink streaking

loriluk13
Contributor

i have mg3620 printer. i used original Canon ink cartridges.

recently printed on glossy photo paper. i flipped to opposite end and printed on same side but at bottom.  

noticed that there were dark brown streaks about 1" apart on back on page and figure the ink needed time to dry. 

the main picture was in brown. 

decided to print on some matte paper and same streaks showed on back. 

later after some editing of picture i printed again on glossy ph paper and let dry about 10-15minutes. then proceeded to

cut out picture...my fingers got all dark brown from holding the paper as the back was all streaked as if ink had soaked thru.

is this common?

would my printer need heads or something cleaned after such photo paper printing?

1. how long does it take for ink to dry when printing on photo paper.  

2 REPLIES 2

BillS
Mentor

Hi loriluk13,

If the inside of the machine becomes dirty, printed paper may get dirty, so we recommend performing cleaning regularly.

You need to prepare: a sheet of A4 or Letter-sized plain paper*

* Be sure to use a new piece of paper.

1. Make sure that the power is turned on and remove any paper from the front tray.

2. Fold a single sheet of A4 or Letter-sized plain paper in half widthwise, then unfold the paper.

3. Fold one side of the opened paper in another half, aligning the edge with the center crease, then unfold the paper.

1. Load only this sheet of paper in the front tray with the ridges of the creases facing up and the edge of the half with no crease facing to the far side.

1. Open the output tray extension, open the paper output tray, then extend the paper output support.

2. Hold down the Stop button until the Alarm lamp flashes eight times, then release it immediately.

The paper cleans the inside of the machine as it feeds through the machine.

Check the folded parts of the ejected paper. If they are smudged with ink, perform Bottom Plate Cleaning again.

Note

When performing Bottom Plate Cleaning again, be sure to use a new piece of paper.

If the problem is not resolved after performing cleaning again, the protrusions inside the machine may be stained. Wipe off any ink from the protrusions using a cotton swab or the like.

Important

Be sure to turn off the power and unplug the power cord before cleaning the machine.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

thnx. my printer does not streak anymore..i think it was cuz i was printing on photo glossy paper and did not wait for ink to dry before turning over
Announcements