cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do I change from wireless to wired connection for Pixma TR8520

barefoot
Apprentice

The printer was originally set up to print wirelessly but when a ne modem was installed for internet access, the printer sporadically recognised the wireless connection - I changed to a wired connection (USB) and attempted to change the settings to "wired" but can't figure out why it's not working, can anyone give me specific directions how to change from a wireless to wired connection? My computer is Windows 7 desktop

1 REPLY 1

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi barefoot,

You will want to remove the printer driver and then reinstall it and set the connection method to usb.

Click you windows start button and select view devices and printers. From there, right click on the TR8500 series icon and select remove device. Once that is done, go into  Add or Remove programs and if the TR8500 series MP driver is listed, please uninstall it.

Once the driver is uninstalled, please click HERE to download and run the driver installer. During the connection method screen, select usb connect. The printer driver will now be set for usb connection and should detect the printer.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements