cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

g4210 not printing black

jeffrey1sun
Apprentice

I had an streaks across my initial print.  Went to clean nozzle settings to elimate the issue.  After nozzle clean I tried to reprint the article and now I am getting red print only .  Retried nozzle clean again with no luck.  HELP!

2 REPLIES 2

Darius
Whiz

Hi jeffrey1sun.

If only red is coming out during your normal printing, perform a nozzle check.  The nozzle check pattern should have a black net pattern at the top, followed by cyan, magenta, and yellow bars beneath.  If the black net pattern is not black, then the wrong type of ink has been added to that tank, and you'll need to work the inks through the system (or replace the printer).  If the black net pattern or any of the other colors are missing, then those inks are not flowing; perform a deep cleaning to try to flush the nozzles and restore ink flow.

If a deep cleaning does not correct the problem, then you may need to do a ink flush, which will use much more ink to flush the ink lines.  We do not recommend performing more than one system cleaning in a 24 hr period.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

reneguas9
Apprentice

Well, my black ink quit printing and I DID NOT USE THE WRONG INK unless and elf came into my study at my home and drained the ink that came with the printer and put in the wrong ink ... it just quit printing.   I did try the clean nozzle process and that did not resolve my problem.  NOW WHAT??

Announcements