cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error message Code:9,244,3

JIS
Apprentice

I cannot scan since downloading Windows 10.  It says: You don't have the required privileges to access the specified folder Code 9,244,3

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ozexpat
Apprentice
I have found a solution to this, i think. In your scanner settings, change the destination folder of your scans - where they are being scanned to & where you save them to. I t has worked for me. I hope it works for you. Please respond if it does. from ozexpat

View solution in original post

52 REPLIES 52

tlkaui
Apprentice
I posted about this a few days ago & no response yet. 😞

I changed my folder as suggested and it worked ONCE

2 weeks later I wanted to scan a document and I got the same old error code

I found that MICROSOFT actually has a scanner for free and you download it and it WORKS

NO MORE FOOLING WITH FOLDERS I guess

it is called the  WINDOWS SCANNER

O R

............WINDOWS FAX AND SCAN

anyway it worked at least this time,,, I just hope it keeps on working

go to microsoft store and get the free app

windows fax and scan

Jeffrey999
Apprentice

I also have win 10 and have exactly the same problem.  I originally had win 8.1 and there was no problem, since upgrading I regularly get the message "you dont have rights to access" and I am the Administrator. I think its a Microsoft problem, but Canon should give some advice. 

ozexpat
Apprentice
I have found a solution to this, i think. In your scanner settings, change the destination folder of your scans - where they are being scanned to & where you save them to. I t has worked for me. I hope it works for you. Please respond if it does. from ozexpat

Thank you.  I can now scan again! Now just have to see if Icloud will work if I reinstall it! I didn't realise Windows 10 would be so difficult.

Thank you so much!  Yes, it worked!

Yes that does work, thank you.  However I realise that upgrading to windows 10 has made many (maybe all) my files read-only - new files are not read only- and the folders made before upgrading may be locked.  So what I have done is open  Documents in file explorer or explorer2 select a folder go to properties got to security and change permissions for Home Users and anybody else who needs to save files - I gave full comtrol on many folders in Documents.  THis solved y problem for the printer, scanner and saving files in word. I have no idea why Microsoft did this. 

Worked for me too - changed file location to Google Drive. Thanks a lot. One of several issues caused by Windows 10 denying access to files. This affects lots of people and Microsoft seem to have no interest in fixing the problem. One guy was told he would need to pay for help if he wanted to fix it! So much for reliable software...

Announcements