How do I fix an error code b200 on MP560

104 REPLIES 104

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello cgarvey,

Please try the following to see if we can resolve your issue:

1.  Open the cover of the printer.

2.  Remove all ink tanks from the printer.

3.  Lift up the gray locking lever on the side of the ink tank holder.

4.  Gently remove the print head from the carriage unit.

5.  Place the print head back in and lock the lever down.

6.  Place all of the ink tanks back in the printer.

7.  Close the cover and turn the printer off.

8.  Unplug the power from the printer.  Leave the power unplugged for about 5-10 minutes.

9.  Plug the power back in and turn the printer on. 

If the error persists, please contact a technical support representative at 1-800-652-2666 between the hours of 10 AM and 10 PM, EST, Monday - Friday for additional help with this error.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

This does not work....and getting assistance from technical is awful.

We're sorry to hear that you're still having an issue with your MP560! We ask that you click the link below for instructions on contacting a technical support representative for additional help with this error either via phone between the hours of 10 AM and 10 PM, EST, Monday - Friday or email any time. We're happy to help however we can! 

http://bit.ly/H0372w

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

This doesn't work! Very disappointed!

I was searching a solution for b200. Some youtube uploaders suggest that you should through the printer out of your windows and buy a new one. But before trying this last solution why not give a chance to this article:

Canon Error B200

I had the B200 error.  It was very frustrating.  I read posts and followed the suggested steps.

1. Disconnected the printer.

2.  Removed all ink cartridges.

3.  Removed printer head.

4.  Cleaned printer head with a Q Tip and alcohol.

5.  Dried print head with canned air - this was probably unnecessary.

5a. Replaced all ink cartridges.

6.  Left printer unplugged for an hour.

7.  Turned printer on and got the B200 ERROR.

8. Unplugged printer.

9. Researched new printers for a couple of hours.

10.  The printer had been unplugged overnight.  I decided to try to use the computer commands to scan something even though the printer wouldn't print.

11. Plugged in the power.

12. The printer came on normally and works as always.

13.  CONCLUSION - The alcohol needed overnight to thoroughly dry.  I didn't find a new computer that I think would be better than or as good as the MX 860.  It's four and a half years old.

OMG - this suggestion you gave worked about pressing the on off button 5 times.

Many thanks

@gesteve wrote:

I had the B200 error.  It was very frustrating.  I read posts and followed the suggested steps.

1. Disconnected the printer.

2.  Removed all ink cartridges.

3.  Removed printer head.

4.  Cleaned printer head with a Q Tip and alcohol.

5.  Dried print head with canned air - this was probably unnecessary.

5a. Replaced all ink cartridges.

6.  Left printer unplugged for an hour.

7.  Turned printer on and got the B200 ERROR.

8. Unplugged printer.

9. Researched new printers for a couple of hours.

10.  The printer had been unplugged overnight.  I decided to try to use the computer commands to scan something even though the printer wouldn't print.

11. Plugged in the power.

12. The printer came on normally and works as always.

13.  CONCLUSION - The alcohol needed overnight to thoroughly dry.  I didn't find a new computer that I think would be better than or as good as the MX 860.  It's four and a half years old.

I had this error twice now.  The first time 3 weeks ago and everything stated on line did NOT work.  I was successful correcting the B200 code (for 3 weeks) by opening the cover up, turn the system on, close the cover when the print head moves to the left and continue to click the HOME button to get the menu to appear.  Then go the the SETTING button displayed by a tool, and perform a deep clean.  I had to do this 3 times and it then worked for 3+weeks.  Then it happened again and the deep cleaning did NOT work.  The print head for my MG5320 costs $96 + shipping so I figured what do I have to loose.  I tried cleaning the print head again with a small amount of water on a paper plate with a papertowel on it to draw the solution through.  Do NOT get the contacts on the back wet.  This must be done a few times and then allowed to dry 10+hours.  Upon replacing the print head it worked for 2 print pages and again got the code.  SInce I ws considering getting a new printer, I again removed the print head and used a new flat pencil eraser to gently rub the contacts on the back of the print head and also on the corresponding contacts inside the conputer.  Once I reinstalled the print head and cartridges my printer has been working porperly for 4 days with over 100 pages and 3 photos printed.  It appears that the contact have a non-conductive film that formed on them that needs cleaning.

This worked for me and I hope it works for you also.

I had the error message this morning and was able to access the maintenance menu and do a deep cleaning. That solved it for now.

Announcements