cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

draft quality not working in os x

meregu
Apprentice

I bought a canon ts 8200 printer and I can not select draft quality, can you please help me? Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

Stephen

Hi, meregu!

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly what model printer you're using (it's usually on the top or front of the unit), any error messages you're seeing, which version of the macOS you're using, as well as the way you connect to your printer (USB or networked via WiFi or Ethernet).

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If you're in the United States, and this is an urgent support need, please click HERE to enter your product information and discover your support options. 

If you're outside of the USA, please click HERE to find support options in your country.

Thanks and have a great day!

I am using a canon ts8250, Mojave os 10.14, and I connect via wifi.  I enclose a screen shot of the dialog box, when I try to move the arrow to "draft", it bounces back to "normal".

Hi meregu,

I understand you have a TS8250 and you are unable to print in "draft" mode. The TS8250 is connect to your computer using an AirPrint driver and while the AirPrint driver allows communication between the two devices, unfortunately "draft" mode is not an available option. 

How annoying that Canon isnt supporting those of us with Macs.  Not being able to print in draft on airprint means I won't be replacing my broken printer with a Canon.

From what I understand Canon previously provided downloadable software to be able to do so.  Shame they've stopped.

I completly agree with you!  It is kind of upsetting! but now I know better and I will be going back to HP.

Hi all,

If it's not that critical to stick with the 'Airprint' driver which apparently has fewer features comparing with Canon's original driver, I encourage you to print wirelessly via the original one instead. Just download MG3600 series CUPS Printer Driver Ver. 16.40.1.0 (Mac) from their website and install on your Mac.

At System Preferences > Printers & Scanners just click '+' to add a new printer driver (you may keep the existing printer (via Airprint) that shown in the list.

Choose the Canon printer which found through 'Canon IJ Network' instead of 'Bonjour Multifunction', at the 'Use' box, choose Canon's original driver instead of 'Secure Airprint'. Don't forget to change the 'Name' of the printer to indicate that this one is not using the Airprint.

With the original driver, you have more control on the printer like 'draft printing' and other Printer Utility like cleaning, etc.

Hope it helps.

CleanShot 2020-09-23 at 17.50.54.png

Announcements