cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

confused about my mg3022 canon printer

cherryhearts
Apprentice

i installed my software for this printer, yet i keep getting that orange hazard light that blinks 4 times, i had just bought new ink cartridge (243) yesterday, so did i get the wrong one and do i have to have a color ink cartridge and black ink cartridge for this to properly work? also do i have to use 244 and 246 for it to work or do i have to get 243 and 245 for it to work? thank you.

1 REPLY 1

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi cherryhearts,

The 4 flashes of the error light indicates that one or both of the ink cartridges are not detected by the printer:

https://ij.manual.canon/ij/webmanual/ErrorCode/MG3000%20series/EN/ERR/168A.html?ref=168A

Is the power light blinking as well?  If so that is a different issue, one which means that your PIXMA MG3022 would require service.

Please remove both ink cartridges and verify that all of the orange tape/cellphane has been removed.  Once complete, please reinsert the ink cartridges, making sure that they click into place.

Any combination of PG-243, PG-245 and CL-244 and CL-246 can be used with the PIXMA MG3022.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements