cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

canon mg2100 pixma series drivers and not responding

gfcgroup
Apprentice

please provide solution.  I have this model from my father ( gofigure) it is not bluetooth.  But it worked just fine just had to plug in usb and it printed.  all of the sudden it stopped.

I have windows 10 on a all in one hp computer.

I was given the new driver to download and install. 

I did so and restarted and went to do a test page and now it keeps popping up a box in my right lower corner showcasing that

ERROR PRINTER CAN'T PRINT NOT RESPONDING.

I did troubleshoot I did a restart on the service spooler.  I have full ink and I hard reset.

turn off turned on.

so still nothing.  Please solutions.  the support team is great in following up by email but keep telling them the driver didn't work.  so waiting for solution.  thanks for replies

1 REPLY 1

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello GFCgroup,

If the printer connection is not responding, you can try removing any connections for the printer and then disconnecting and reconnecting the USB cable.

1. Press the Windows key and the letter R key at the same time on your keyboard. In the run box that appears, you can type in control printers and click OK.
  2. In the window that appears, you can right click on any connections for the printer and select the option to remove the device.
  3. Once all connections are removed, you can disconnect and reconnect the USB cable.

Once the cable has been reconnected and the printer is on, the computer should create a fresh connection and you can try printing. If you still have the same issue, you can try restarting your print spooler again to see if it works and you can check if there is any security software that is currently running that might be blocking the print jobs. If it is still not working, you can try a different USB cable to see if you are able to print.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements