cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot start mp navigator ex 4.1

lalrecht
Apprentice

hi, I have a canon MX 410, I try to use MP navigator ex 4.14 that I have just downloaded on my new computer with windows 8.1.

when I try to open it I get this message:

mp navigator error.GIF

I can print so I guess the driver is ok. The only problem is to scan and handle the scans as mp navigator does...

What shouldI do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

lalrecht
Apprentice

Ok, here is how I solved the issue:

after a lot of trial and error and computer restarting, I realized that there was something wrong with the driver, tried to remove it, but windows wouldn't do it because it said that the printer was in use, but it wasn't: all program closed, printer switched off, printer removed from the list of printers, computer restarted, eventually I downloaded a new version of the driver that took care of removing the old one, followed the setting up of the printer and when finished I could install the mp navigator ex 4.1 and it works.

Great!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

lalrecht
Apprentice

Ok, here is how I solved the issue:

after a lot of trial and error and computer restarting, I realized that there was something wrong with the driver, tried to remove it, but windows wouldn't do it because it said that the printer was in use, but it wasn't: all program closed, printer switched off, printer removed from the list of printers, computer restarted, eventually I downloaded a new version of the driver that took care of removing the old one, followed the setting up of the printer and when finished I could install the mp navigator ex 4.1 and it works.

Great!

I too got the "cannot start the mp navigator ex" for my older MX850. I happened to still have the CD for the printer and reinstalled it (version 1.1) and it worked. 

Note too that the two other versions of the mp navigator ex I found online did not support MX850 (or so the pop-up said) so I was spinning my wheels trying to find one that did and never found one.

Announcements