cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot print another computer is using printer..GAH!!!!

mtvocal
Apprentice

Hello! I have a canon MG 3500 Series printer WS. I have had this message pop up quite a few times int he last year. I have always just re-installed the printer and it seems to resolve the issue but this message is continuosly popping up. Is there a final fix to this issue? Do I have to reinstall every time? Very frustrating! Thanks for any advice!

Marcy

4 REPLIES 4

Danny

Hi, Marcy!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which operating system is running on your computer (i.e. Windows or Mac OS, and which version thereof), along with whether your printer communicates with your computer via USB or Wi-Fi. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, search our knowledge base or contact our US-based technical support team at http://canon.us/SupportCF

Thanks and have a great day!

Having the same problem with the MX 470.  "Another computer is using the printer"

Im running windows 10 and wi-fi connected, I think.

Happens about every 2nd to 4th time.   😞

Thanks 

Stan

I found that deleting the print spool worked. Go to Administrative Tools/Service/Print Spool on Windows to clear it.

Control Panel --> System --> Admin Tools--> Services --> Print Spool ---> properties ; stop then start the spooler service.

This worked for me for quite a while but I would have to do it every several times I wanted to print. Now this doesn't work either .  Thinking perhaps to remove and re-install printer and/or  re-install drivers? 

Addendum: The problem just got worse after using win 10 fax and scan program.

Using  Win 10 os  -   pixma490 WS series connected to wireless

Announcements