Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot communicate with scanner for these reasons

trunolimit
Apprentice

Hello,

I've got an MG3022 and I'm on a Mac OS Catalina 10.15.3

The Printer prints great but I can't get the scanner to work. IJ scan utility just gives me a generec message about not being able to communicate with the printer even though I can print to it just fine. It's connected via USB however I've tried the network connection also and again I can print fine, just not scan.

Thanks for whatever assistance yall can provide. I've also updated the firmware on the scanner.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

MG3022

I suggest you install the ICA driver and see if this resolves your scanning issue:

http://pdisp01.c-wss.com/gdl/WWUFORedirectTarget.do?id=MDEwMDAwNzY0NTA0&cmp=ABR&lang=EN

There is an updated IJ Scanning Utility as well, listed as an optional download:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/support-inkjet-printer/mg...

If these applications exisited previously in an earlier version of MAC OS, then updating and / or removing and reinstalling with the correct drivers that are certified for Catalina OS is recommended.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Kalamunda
Apprentice

I have the same problem however myprinter is a Canon TR8560.  I can print from my computer however I cannot scan.  The message is the same as previous person's post.  Can't communicate . etc etc. Looking forward to a resolution as I have a photo which needs to be scanned to place on a visa application and time is running out.

TR8560

Different printer, different software, probably a different problem. 

We have no idea if you are running windows or MAC.  You should probably start your own thread as it deserves its own visibility and your environments only share a in common behavior on diffent hardware.

Software and Support for the TR8560 Series: (All OS)

https://www.canon.com.au/printers/pixma-home-office-tr8560/support?option=drivers 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

HI.  I am new and cannot figure out how to start a new thread - but this one is pretty close.

I continue to get "cannot communicate with scanner for these reasons"  

The error codes are 213:19

I have a Canon TR8520.  I am running Windows 365.  The printer/scanner is on the wireless network (but have also tried wiring it and same result).  I have reloaded the driver from Canon.  I also have Norton's security softward.  

Hope I have given the information needed to help resolve this issue.  

So... not thinking clearly last night after a long day of fighting this issue ...and got my Windows products confused.  I have Windows 10 (andad it happens, Office 365 which is irrelevant to current problem).  I do know the difference between Operating system and the Office apps.  

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

MG3022

I suggest you install the ICA driver and see if this resolves your scanning issue:

http://pdisp01.c-wss.com/gdl/WWUFORedirectTarget.do?id=MDEwMDAwNzY0NTA0&cmp=ABR&lang=EN

There is an updated IJ Scanning Utility as well, listed as an optional download:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/support-inkjet-printer/mg...

If these applications exisited previously in an earlier version of MAC OS, then updating and / or removing and reinstalling with the correct drivers that are certified for Catalina OS is recommended.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~CarePaks Are Worth It

yeah those 2 links worked.

Even though I went to the canon site earlier and installed the IJ scanner software to no avail. The ICA driver I think is what did it.

thanks again.

You're welcome.  Glad it helped.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~CarePaks Are Worth It

LI_CanonUser
Apprentice

Hi all,

I'm new here but have a similar case with a new MacBook Air with lastest OS attempting to connect to the scanner on a MF644Cdw, running the current mac scanner driver. Printer works fine, but the scanner cannot communicate.

Please advise. BTW, I've reinstalled both printer and software 2X to no avail.

Announcements