cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannon MG2522 ink absorber low error 5b00

incredible26069
Contributor

I have a Pixma MG 2522 and got the ink absorber code and finally it stopped completely today. i did the reset with the pushing and holding buttons. Also it tucked the ink over the absorbers so you cant take it out. was able to do the reset and when i did that the ink carts would go to the right spot and when you open the door you can take them out but wont print and same error. i changed the ink absorber a week ago. printer is not even a year old. How do i reset the counter.? cannon please tell me? 

this is the 3rd one i owned same model, 1st one broke a roller inside and had for a while. then i went and bought two more one to replace and one as backup, i sell stuff online for a living. i dont need anything fancy. this one lasted less than a year and cant reset it, i just installed the other new one i had but it took a while and crossed files confused the download but would not just plug and play even though exact same model and bought at same time.  hopefully cannon will give a solution rather than have to send it in. this is  scam from cannon to get us to but new printers but if they dont have a solution for this i will go with anther brand. 

2 REPLIES 2

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

Only printer repair shops have the tools to reset the counter. There is no way to reset the counter over the phone with support. 

Since the printer is in it's 1 year warranty, I recommend reaching out to Canon support for your warranty options. You will need to register your Canon gear HERE to access additional support options.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

This company is horrible only a printer shop can reset my 39 dollar printer. What a way to loose customers. See ya later. I'm 100% sure if I brought this printer to a shop it cost more to fix let alone my time. Thanks for ripping me off. Schemes these days, Epsom here I come. Bye cannon.!!! If a printer shop can do it how come I can't. Sad!!!!

Announcements