cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 11 will not upload my Pixma MG2522

Debbie-C
Apprentice

This printer worked great on my laptop. I just bought a new Dell desktop with Windows 11 and it will not upload My Canon Pixma MG2522. It gets to the connection page, shows that it is connected, but will not continue on. I have gone to the website, downloaded the newest drivers for this model and it still stalls on the connection page. I have tried this a half a dozen times and cannot get it to install. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello Debbie-C,

This will usually come up if the cable was connected before the drivers were fully installed. You can leave the printer on and connected. You can press the Windows key and the letter R key at the same time on your keyboard. In the run box that appears, you can type in devmgmt.msc and click OK. In the window that comes up, you can click on the option for universal serial bus controllers at the bottom. You can right click on the option for USB printing support and then click on uninstall. Once the connection is gone, you can disconnect the printer from the computer. Now that the printer is disconnected, you can start the setup again. Leave the USB cable disconnected until the setup window asks to connect the USB cable.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

I had already uninstalled the Canon MG 2522 and 2500 Series, and I rebooted my Dell Latitude 3140. I printed the link that you indicated, but I found no Select button next to "MG2522/MG2525 etc.) on the Canon website, where I ended up. 

• Awesome. I will definitely try this. Very grateful.

This solution does not correct the problem for me. The printer is not detected during the MP drivers installation process. I've disconnected/reconnected the printer. Rebooted the computer. Restarted the printer. The printer is detected by the computer, but not during the driver installation process. I'm one more attempt away from throwing the printer away. I have a Dell laptop running Windows 11 Home. 

progunr22
Apprentice

I just did this, for the 10th time. I even changed the usb port in case there was an issue with that. Everything seems to hook up, loads my image garden short cuts on the desktop, it will print a test page, but no document from the computer, tells me to name it, I click save, it closes, and nothing happens. I have a Lenovo Ideapad 3i... why can't I get this to print?

Hi,

Since it still wont connect, I recommend reaching out to Canon support for this issue. You will need to register your Canon gear HERE to access additional support options.

We look forward to hearing from you. 

progunr22
Apprentice

OKAY! I finally got this... so many attempts... I did a restart before I tried to print, it opened a box telling me to set the printer as default... first time that popped up... and TA DA... IT PRINTS!!

Announcements