cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 11 will not upload my Pixma MG2522

Debbie-C
Apprentice

This printer worked great on my laptop. I just bought a new Dell desktop with Windows 11 and it will not upload My Canon Pixma MG2522. It gets to the connection page, shows that it is connected, but will not continue on. I have gone to the website, downloaded the newest drivers for this model and it still stalls on the connection page. I have tried this a half a dozen times and cannot get it to install. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello Debbie-C,

This will usually come up if the cable was connected before the drivers were fully installed. You can leave the printer on and connected. You can press the Windows key and the letter R key at the same time on your keyboard. In the run box that appears, you can type in devmgmt.msc and click OK. In the window that comes up, you can click on the option for universal serial bus controllers at the bottom. You can right click on the option for USB printing support and then click on uninstall. Once the connection is gone, you can disconnect the printer from the computer. Now that the printer is disconnected, you can start the setup again. Leave the USB cable disconnected until the setup window asks to connect the USB cable.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

I thought I saw a post from someone else about this.

Check device manager for any problems/missing USB devices.  Right-click and delete them, then see if the installer continues or can be run again getting past the part that it stalls at now.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Debbie-C
Apprentice

Thank you. I checked, but there are no problems or missing USB devices. 

Hello Debbie-C,

This will usually come up if the cable was connected before the drivers were fully installed. You can leave the printer on and connected. You can press the Windows key and the letter R key at the same time on your keyboard. In the run box that appears, you can type in devmgmt.msc and click OK. In the window that comes up, you can click on the option for universal serial bus controllers at the bottom. You can right click on the option for USB printing support and then click on uninstall. Once the connection is gone, you can disconnect the printer from the computer. Now that the printer is disconnected, you can start the setup again. Leave the USB cable disconnected until the setup window asks to connect the USB cable.

That worked 🙂  Thank you very much!! 

I'm having the same issue, but what you said to do is also not working. Printer still disconnects in the middle of the installation process.

I still not get my computer to recognize the printer.  Help...

I have this SAME issue! Have tried everything that has been posted here, and in another chat on this topic as well with very detailed instructions by one of your experts, NOTHING is allowing me to print anything but the test page. It brings up a "name the document to print", I do that and click save, and it just sits there? HELP.... this printer should be able to work with Windows 11... it is not THAT OLD!

Hi Katherinemary,

Reinstalling will resolve this issue. To do this, please follow these steps:

1. Press the Windows key on your keyboard and the letter R, then let both go.

2. In the Run window, please type CONTROL PANEL and click OK.

3. Click on View devices and printers (or Devices and printers, depending on your view).

4. Right click the Canon MG2500 series and left click on Remove device. Repeat until all MG2500's are removed.

5. Disconnect the USB cable.

6. Click Close to close that window.

7. In the upper left corner, click on Control Panel (or the Back button).

8. In Control Panel, click on Uninstall a program (or Programs and features, depending on your view).

9. Click once on "Canon MG2500 series MP Drivers" and then click Uninstall at the top.

10. Follow the on screen prompts to uninstall the driver. When you click Complete, the driver is uninstalled.

11. Once done, please reboot your computer.

When your computer restarts, we will reinstall:

1. Please use the following link:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/support-inkjet-printer/mg...

2. Click the Select button next to "MG2522/MG2525 MP Drivers Ver.1.02 (Windows)".

3. Click the Download button. The drivers will download.

4. Once the download is complete, open your downloads folder. To access this, press CTRL and J, then let both go.

5. Double click "mp68-win-mg2500-1_02-ejs.exe" to begin the installation.

6. Follow the on screen prompts to reinstall, reconnecting the USB cable when prompted by the installation.

Once the installation has completed, please attempt to print.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

THANK YOU! It worked, finally! I did try three times with other "solutions" in between. I had reached out to my "Computer Guy" but gave it one last shot..EUREKA! I was really desperate to get something printed, and this was a huge relief 🙂

Announcements