cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 11 will not upload my Pixma MG2522

Debbie-C
Apprentice

This printer worked great on my laptop. I just bought a new Dell desktop with Windows 11 and it will not upload My Canon Pixma MG2522. It gets to the connection page, shows that it is connected, but will not continue on. I have gone to the website, downloaded the newest drivers for this model and it still stalls on the connection page. I have tried this a half a dozen times and cannot get it to install. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello Debbie-C,

This will usually come up if the cable was connected before the drivers were fully installed. You can leave the printer on and connected. You can press the Windows key and the letter R key at the same time on your keyboard. In the run box that appears, you can type in devmgmt.msc and click OK. In the window that comes up, you can click on the option for universal serial bus controllers at the bottom. You can right click on the option for USB printing support and then click on uninstall. Once the connection is gone, you can disconnect the printer from the computer. Now that the printer is disconnected, you can start the setup again. Leave the USB cable disconnected until the setup window asks to connect the USB cable.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

shadowsports
Elite

Greetings,

I thought I saw a post from someone else about this.

Check device manager for any problems/missing USB devices.  Right-click and delete them, then see if the installer continues or can be run again getting past the part that it stalls at now.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA
~6D2(v1.1.1) ~Many Lenses ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~Windows10 Pro ~EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra ~ImageClass MF644Cdw ~Pixel6 ~R5C On Order

Debbie-C
Apprentice

Thank you. I checked, but there are no problems or missing USB devices. 

Hello Debbie-C,

This will usually come up if the cable was connected before the drivers were fully installed. You can leave the printer on and connected. You can press the Windows key and the letter R key at the same time on your keyboard. In the run box that appears, you can type in devmgmt.msc and click OK. In the window that comes up, you can click on the option for universal serial bus controllers at the bottom. You can right click on the option for USB printing support and then click on uninstall. Once the connection is gone, you can disconnect the printer from the computer. Now that the printer is disconnected, you can start the setup again. Leave the USB cable disconnected until the setup window asks to connect the USB cable.

That worked 🙂  Thank you very much!! 

I'm having the same issue, but what you said to do is also not working. Printer still disconnects in the middle of the installation process.

Announcements