cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When turning on my Pixma MP560 it goes to error or no ink and all I want to do is scan to computer.

Lorenna
Apprentice

Why can I not scan a picture to my computer when I am out of ink in one of my cartridges?   I do not want to print only scan to my computer and the error message wont allow me to scan. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Lorenna.

If an ink tank is empty, please hold down the STOP button for about 5-7 seconds.  This will temporarily clear the empty ink warning and allow you to perform the scan. 

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello Lorenna.

If an ink tank is empty, please hold down the STOP button for about 5-7 seconds.  This will temporarily clear the empty ink warning and allow you to perform the scan. 

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you that did the job.  I couldn't find that answer anywhere. Thank you again

Hi...

I have canon pixma MP287 I want to use its scanner but it gives an error about that the ink is empty and as far as i know i might not be needing any ink for scanning documents

Thanks for being active in the community!

We are happy to share that its possible to scan with an empty tank or cartridge.

To start scanning, follow the instruction in this link:

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART133151&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&search...

Announcements