cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When printing cards printer is printing off center with pixma mx 922.

mlindah
Contributor

When printing cards it is printing off center on card stock.  When I print on plain paper, it prints centered.  How do I get it to print centered on the card? Printer is pixma mx922

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

swashystudios
Apprentice

Alrighty so. After struggling with this same issue for weeks and losing my mind I have found a workaround for this. I have no idea if it will help anyone else, but, for context, I have a brand new Pixma iX6820 that I am using to print stickers and greeting cards to sell. The stickers printed fine, but, no matter what, the cards would print misaligned and off center despite the document being completely centered and set to print borderless etc etc. It was difficult to test because I am using nice cardstock paper and every time it prints misaligned it's more wasted product. The print preview would show it completely aligned (yes I used a ruler on my screen, no I am not proud) but it never printed centered, always a few cm left and down. I tried adjusting my document for this and it would print even more misaligned with no real consistency. No issue with software as everything was brand new. I looked everywhere and tried everything and couldn't find a solution that worked.

For some strange reason, exporting the document as a PDF prints centered and aligned for me. I was mainly exporting as PNG when trying to print and didn't think the file type would affect this problem in any way. Hopefully it helps someone else down the line because I couldn't find a solution through the years of others having this issue. I still have no idea what caused it and I hope I can save someone else the headache and paper. Good luck friends!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Since the item prints correctly on plain paper, the issue would have to be related to a setting in your software or what paper size is selected for your card stock.

Make sure that you are selecting the correct paper sizes for both your software and the printer.  This should ensure that the items line up properly.

If you continue to have difficulties, find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I am using 5X7 glossy photo cards to print few photos. It is frustrating that the printings are always off center chopping off people on the RHS. In advanced menu I choose to print from USB stick, choose 5X7 from upper tray. I choose border/borderless with same off center results. How else I choose 5X7 from software? I am not printing through the computer.

Hi paul0005 and denimsunflower,

Troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issues. Please contact our support group at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666), Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM EST(excluding holidays).

We look forward to hearing from you.

denimsunflower
Apprentice

I have the same problem. I have all my settings correct and it prints a couple milimeters to the side and down. This is very frustrating as I'm trying to print labels for products that I sell.

swashystudios
Apprentice

Alrighty so. After struggling with this same issue for weeks and losing my mind I have found a workaround for this. I have no idea if it will help anyone else, but, for context, I have a brand new Pixma iX6820 that I am using to print stickers and greeting cards to sell. The stickers printed fine, but, no matter what, the cards would print misaligned and off center despite the document being completely centered and set to print borderless etc etc. It was difficult to test because I am using nice cardstock paper and every time it prints misaligned it's more wasted product. The print preview would show it completely aligned (yes I used a ruler on my screen, no I am not proud) but it never printed centered, always a few cm left and down. I tried adjusting my document for this and it would print even more misaligned with no real consistency. No issue with software as everything was brand new. I looked everywhere and tried everything and couldn't find a solution that worked.

For some strange reason, exporting the document as a PDF prints centered and aligned for me. I was mainly exporting as PNG when trying to print and didn't think the file type would affect this problem in any way. Hopefully it helps someone else down the line because I couldn't find a solution through the years of others having this issue. I still have no idea what caused it and I hope I can save someone else the headache and paper. Good luck friends!

Announcements