cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What printer is this pixma?

AnEllie91
Apprentice

Hi there,

I have an older Canon Pixma. It's an all in one, wireless, with two paper trays and an array of card slots. I've had it a while but not sure how long. I have it's serial number but cannot find which Pixma model it is or it's model number (is that the same thing?). I'd like to install drivers for my current laptop and purchase new ink for it. 

How do I find it's model/ model number to see which drivers and ink this printer requires from the serial number?

Thanks for your time!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi, AnEllie91!  To provide some closure to this mystery, a serial number starting with ABPR corresponds to the PIXMA MP560, specifically the model intended for sale in Canada.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Tiffany

Hi AnEllie91,

The model of your printer will either be listed on the front or top of the printer depending on the model. The model will start letters( MX, MB , MG, TS, TR) and end with numbers.

Thanks for writing back Tiffany. The model number isn't listed as far as I can tell.

Serial number begins with ABPR and on the bottom of the printer enscribed in the plastic is Canon Multifunction printer K10***

AnEllie91

You need to provide more information...  

A picture of your "mystery" printer.  Its full serial number, etc 

The mods can usually tell you from that info.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thanks Shadowsports - I found the model number under a flip up control panel. Thanks everyone. 

Hi, AnEllie91!  To provide some closure to this mystery, a serial number starting with ABPR corresponds to the PIXMA MP560, specifically the model intended for sale in Canada.

Hope this helps!

JoeKr
Apprentice
  1. I'm looking for the model of a Pixma Canon Multifunctional Printer K10371 the S/N # is LMGA50754 
Joseph W Kirwan
Announcements