cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is this part??? G3270

srsieger
Apprentice

It is not identified in the 472 page manual, or anywhere else that I can find. (Nor, does it seem to serve any obvious purpose.)canon part.jpg

6 REPLIES 6

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi,

It looks like the rear feed listed as letter C in the parts list HERE

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as

I don't think that picture shows the part I am referring to as being labeled, even. It is the spring loaded piece that is in front of the "rear feed". It folds down when you close the paper support "A".

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

I think I found it.  See page 73 of the user guide.

G3070ser_OnlineManual_Win_Mac_EN_V01.pdf (c-wss.com)

shadowsports_0-1707835285579.png

It states its there to help keep long paper from rising and becoming mis-aligned.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

"Check that the tip of paper comes up against the inner part of a feed slot when you load
long-length paper. Depending on the weight of the paper, the leading edge may rise and printing
may be shifted. Make sure that the leading edge of the paper does not rise, such as by holding
the part that protrudes from the rear tray."

The manual doesn't actually identify the part I am referring to and I don't see how it could possibly do what this quote claims, as the part never contacts the paper, at least with 11" paper and I don't have any longer paper to try. (The diagram on page 74 shows how long paper would work.) Thanks for your answer, though!

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

I recommend you contact Support.  I'm sure they can give you an answer.  Its important to register your printer as well.

MyCanon

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thank you for reminding me to register the printer.

click here to view the gallery
Announcements