cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Should a Nozzle Check Look Like?

ReubenRanzo
Apprentice

I'm trying to do maintenance, in this case a nozzle check. I pressed the buttons on the display, and I got a printout. What SHOULD it look like? So I TRIED to look in the manual that came with the printer. So far, so good, right? On my Mac, I went to Finder, Canon utilities, IJ manual, English, my printer model, and then you expect me to know if I want CDM, FSG, or SA! CANON, THIS IS NOT SERVICE! I KNOW YOU DON'T LIKE PEOPLE CALLING YOU FOR HELP, I TRIED TO DO IT MYSELF, BUT GIVE ME SOME KIND OF CLUE ABOUT HOW TO CUT THROUGH THE MANUAL! WHAT MAKES YOU THINK MY NEXT PRINTER WILL BE ANOTHER CANON?

2 REPLIES 2

Danny

Hi, ReubenRanzo!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which Canon printer model you're using. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

@RubenRanzo,

Printed nozzle check patters vary by model. Its normally pretty easy to determine if one is complete or missing lines where they should be. Example below (A) good, (B) bad

Then you will see Cyan, Magenta and Yellow. If your printer has more colors, you will have additional colors in the printed pallet.

shadowsports_0-1670077973943.png

If you'd like more specific information, we will need the model of your device as Danny requested.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements