cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vertical white band when printing on MG4120

steve1022
Apprentice

On the test page I'm getting a vertical white band near the center of the page, about 1/16" wide. It is shifted slightly on each of the color bars. The black grid at the top has it too. Also, black text has the letters near the center "pulled apart." For examply, a capital "P"is about 50% wider than usual with a white band down the middle of the letter. 

I did all the maintenance stuff. I think it is clear this is not a printhead problem as the coior bands look fine except at the vertical gap. I did the printhead maintenance anyway -- it did not help. 

Seems to me there is a mechancal problem, like a tooth on the printhead drivebelt is broken or something. 

Any tips appreciated. 

1 REPLY 1

Ramona
Authority

Hi steve1022,

You can try performing a print head alignment on the printer to see if this will resolve the issue.  To do this, please follow the steps located here.  If you still experience difficulty, the printer will require servicng.  Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page to obtain your servicing options.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements