cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade to MacOS Catalina breaks scanning capabilities of Pixma MG6120 printer

chas532
Apprentice

I upgraded to Catalina on my iMac only to have it break the Pixma MG6120's ability to scan (it still prints fine).

I looked at this forum after the fact and see that I am now just out of luck.

I see one person in a similar situation was told by Canon technical support that Canon was aware of this, has no plans to fix it, and they could call the Canon Sales Department to take advantage of a Canon Upgrade Program to remedite the situation.

Can I just do this or do I need to get the okay from technical support first?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi chas532,

Since the MG6120 is not compatible with Catalina, you don't need to speak with tech support before calling for the Canon Upgrade Program.

If you would like to take part in this option, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 seven days a week, 8am to Midnight. Just let them know you printer is not compatible with Catalina and you would like to take advantage of the upgrade program.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

You don't need our permission...

Have you tried image capture or just Preview File->san from?

Yes, that is how I've been scanning for awhile.  The PIXMA MG6120 stopped showing up as an option for "Import from Scanner...." in Preview once Mac OS Catalina was installed.

This is consistant with at least one other thread on this forum where a Canon Technical Support person acknowledged the scanner portion of the PIXMA MG6120 is not compatible with Mac OS Catalina and told the user that Canon has a program to reduce the cost of a new multi-function to compensate.  

To further validate the situation, a Canon MX410 in my wife's office still shows up using "Import from Scanner...." in Preview under Catalina (while the PIXMA MG6120 no longer does).

Hi chas532,

Since the MG6120 is not compatible with Catalina, you don't need to speak with tech support before calling for the Canon Upgrade Program.

If you would like to take part in this option, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 seven days a week, 8am to Midnight. Just let them know you printer is not compatible with Catalina and you would like to take advantage of the upgrade program.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements