cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to reset MX512 printer after a (fixed) paper jam (error 6000)

amandabillows
Apprentice

I had a paper jam, wich is completly and properly fixed. 

But I still have the 6000 error message. 

Because of the persistent error message, I cannot use the led display to get to the menu (to make the reset)

How can I reset the printer, wich was working perfectly ?

The power-stop button intructions on the web are not clear.   Is that a way to force that reset ? 

Can I do the factory reset trough software or else ?   

Canon service tool for instance ? Where to get it ? 

Thank you. 

5 REPLIES 5

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Double check to see if there are any jams or obstructions in the transport unit area of the printer.  Please unplug the power and visit THIS LINK for details on how to check for jams in this area.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you, All the step mentionned in your link have been properly done, all of them, and, as told, there is no more paper jam.  

Believe me i checked and double checked all these step prior to posting. I am positive. 

The problem now is that the pinter  stay stuck at this error 6000 message,  which prevent me to access settings to do a printer hard reset. 

But the error message prevent me to do the hard reset.  

I have the exact same problem. I printed a one page document successfully and immediately it tells me there is a paper jam, which evidently there is not, after running all the checks, including the above advice. 

Hi  Blythrd and other

Finally I thew the printer in the garbage.

I never get any answer or else from canon... 

I must say taht am far from impressed with their support. 

Good luck to you 

My conclusion is rapidly the same - that an electronic circuit has failed or that a small piece of dust has triggered a sensor - and that my printer is now a brick.

Announcements