cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble Connecting PIXMA MG2522 to Laptop

Rachel-printer
Apprentice

I am trying to connect my printer and my laptop together. I have tried several times so far and at first it says they are connected and waiting to finish the installation then it says to check the connectivity. I got the printer from a friend so I don't know if I need a disc to set everything up.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

bethrayrn
Apprentice

I used the suggested way in the comment section here, but that did not work for me. What I did is went to the “Devices” section on the desktop and chose “Add a printer.”  I did this and then I rebooted  the entire computer and it worked for me. I am very computer illiterate and it worked out for me. I’m sure you can get it to work. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Danny

Hi, Rachel-printer!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which operating system is running on your laptop (i.e. Windows or macOS, and which version thereof) and what type of connection the two devices are using (i.e. USB or Wi-Fi). That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

bethrayrn
Apprentice

I’m having the same trouble. I’m using a Lenovo laptop, Windows 10 and USB connection. 

Hi bethrayrn,

Reinstalling will resolve this issue. To do this, please follow these steps:

1. Press the Windows key on your keyboard and the letter R, then let both go.

2. In the Run window, please type CONTROL PANEL and click OK.

3. Click on View devices and printers (or Devices and printers, depending on your view).

4. Right click the Canon MG2500 series and left click on Remove device. Repeat until all MG2500's are removed.

5. Disconnect the USB cable.

6. Click Close to close that window.

7. In the upper left corner, click on Control Panel (or the Back button).

8. In Control Panel, click on Uninstall a program (or Programs and features, depending on your view).

9. Click once on "Canon MG2500 series MP Drivers" and then click Uninstall at the top.

10. Follow the on screen prompts to uninstall the driver. When you click Complete, the driver is uninstalled.

11. Once done, please reboot your computer.

When your computer restarts, we will reinstall:

1. Please use the following link:

https://www.usa.canon.com/support/p/pixma-mg2522

2. Click Downloads at the top.

3. Click on Software & Downloads.

4. Click the Download button to the right of "MG2522/MG2525 MP Drivers Ver.1.02 (Windows)".

5. Once the download is complete, open your downloads folder. To access this, press CTRL and J, then let both go.

6. Double click "mp68-win-mg2500-1_02-ejs.exe" to begin the installation.

7. Follow the on screen prompts to reinstall, reconnecting the USB cable when prompted by the installation.

Once the installation has completed, please attempt to print.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

jfsave90
Apprentice

Hello! Happy New Year! I'm experiencing the same issue. I'm trying to connect my Pixma MG2522 printer to my Windows HP Laptop. Any suggestions? It's greatly appreciated! 

bethrayrn
Apprentice

I used the suggested way in the comment section here, but that did not work for me. What I did is went to the “Devices” section on the desktop and chose “Add a printer.”  I did this and then I rebooted  the entire computer and it worked for me. I am very computer illiterate and it worked out for me. I’m sure you can get it to work. 

Announcements