cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TS9521C Pitiful nozzle check printout even after deep cleaning!

lanegs1
Apprentice

Very recently my TS9521C stopped printing properly in color (the black is fine).  I did a nozzle check and only yellow and gray were printing. After one nozzle cleaning and a deep cleaning, I have the good yellow and gray but very sparce cyan and magenta. My inks are Canon. Not sure what to do next. Appreciate any suggestions.

Lane in Charlotte, NC

4 REPLIES 4

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Is the printer used on a regular basis?  Depending on the issue, 1 nozzle and 1 deep cleaning might not be enough.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

lanegs1
Apprentice

It is used fairly infrequently...just to print the occasional recipe or receipt. But this is the first time that I have cleaned the nozzles since I purchased it, maybe four or five years ago. What might have the most effect: nozzle cleaning or deep cleaning? It is sucking up my ink very quickly. What seems strange to me is that the color print quality didn't fall off, it disappeared overnight. 

Did you solve your issue?  Mine is the opposite. My black won’t print. 

jeffmr4
Contributor

I did the wet paper towel trick from this video and it cleared everything up.  Cleanings had little effect and used a ton of ink.  This used virtually no ink at all.  My printer is a lightly used PIXMA MG3522 I've had for a few years.  I'll note that this does not work for all ink cartridges and may not work for the printer in this thread.  My printer just has two cartridges.  Black and Color (which is three colors combined).  YMMV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIuJsiaicW0

Announcements