cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TS8152 Prints Brown as Pink

Pyrrhon
Apprentice

Hello all!

MY TS8152 prints brown as pink... It as working fine so far. 

What I did: Deep cleaning of the heads and then try to print the same brown image again. No luck.

I decided to print it from another computer, no luck.

I replaced all the cartridges for better ones (they are not canon but the printer actually recognized them as genuine - they were at 33 euros instead of 77 on amazon!)

But once again, no luck.

Now I have been looking around and a guy suggests to clean clogs with Q tips. Could that help? How should I proceed? Do I need to get them wet with alcohol first?

Please don't tell me my printer needs to be sent back!!! 😞 😞

Thanks a lot,

Jb.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi!

Yes it is a new problem, used to work fine on the same cartridges.

We use it few times per week, almost everyday.

So this morning I did a deep cleaning + Noozle... it was not good, missing the yellow and things are not neat. 

I changed all the cartridges, did a deep clean, noozle --> I dont have blue at all anymore, yellow is back but smeered with black.. (as is the pink)

What do you think?

==========  EDIT ===================

I need an extra cleaning (not deep) printed the nozzle, everything PERFECT!! I tried to print a picture with brown and it was also perfect... no pink tones! Happy!

Thanks!

==================================

Thanks for the quick answer!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Recenrly we have seen quite a few posts from people who state their colors are not accurate or are off. 

Is this a new problem?

How often do you use your printer/

I don't think surgery with Q-Tips and alcohol is the way to go at this point. 

Start here:

What happens when you print a nozzle check pattern?

If this looks accurate, color, tones and no gaps, then your issue is likely related to driver or color management settings.  You'll have to let us know the results. 

I understand OEM inks can be expensive.  Using 3rd party inks.   These can work in a pinch, but are not always best, especially when you are having problems.  Just because a non-canon cartridge is recognized as OEM, doesn't mean it will work properly.   Recommend you use Canon Inks for consistent results.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hi!

Yes it is a new problem, used to work fine on the same cartridges.

We use it few times per week, almost everyday.

So this morning I did a deep cleaning + Noozle... it was not good, missing the yellow and things are not neat. 

I changed all the cartridges, did a deep clean, noozle --> I dont have blue at all anymore, yellow is back but smeered with black.. (as is the pink)

What do you think?

==========  EDIT ===================

I need an extra cleaning (not deep) printed the nozzle, everything PERFECT!! I tried to print a picture with brown and it was also perfect... no pink tones! Happy!

Thanks!

==================================

Thanks for the quick answer!

Announcements