cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TS7400 series goes offline

skoglund
Apprentice

Hey everyone,

we have a TS7400 series printer connected via wifi. We use Apple hardware and have the problem that the printer goes offline after every single print job.

Searching Google hasn't supported me so far. Does anyone have any suggestions?

4 REPLIES 4

Stephen

Hello!
So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know more information:
• What is the exact model printer you're using (it's usually on the top or front of the unit)?
• Do you see any error messages?
• Which version of Windows or macOS are you using?
• How do you connect to your printer (USB or WiFi)?

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue.

If you're in the United States, and this is an urgent support need, please click HERE to visit your My Canon Account to discover your personalized support options.

If you're outside the USA, please click HERE to find support options in your country.

Thanks, and have a great day!

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Please provide answers to Stephen's questions when possible.  Does your network include any wireless extenders or a mesh system in addition to the hardware provided by your ISP?  I suggest you assign the printer a static IP address on the router.  Then uninstall and re-add the printer to your MAC(s) as an IP printer.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

skoglund
Apprentice

Thanks guys. The printer is a TS4700 and it is connected to the Wifi Network within our house, as are all other devices, Apple Laptops, iPads and iPhones. We can print from all devices, but seemingly the printer goes offline after a print job.

The printer is assigned to a static IP. The network includes wireless extenders, yes.

I do not understand why I have to uninstall and reinstall to all my devices?

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

If your extenders are simply extending the broadcast range of your existing network, that should be fine.  A mesh system is similar, but it performs the same functions as the ISP issued hardware.  If applicable, one or the other needs to be put in bridge or pass-through mode.  If this is not done, a double NAT situation will apply and devices on your network will not be able to communicate reliably.

If the printer has a static IP address assigned, other devices on that same network using the same LAN subnet  should be also to ping and "see" one another.  

Pick one of the computers on the network.  What is its IP address?

Now confirm / verify the IP of the printer.  What is its IP address?

Can the laptop ping the printers IP successfully?

If you cannot ping the printer successfully, it will appear as offline.  A statically assigned address will not change and thus, the IP should remain responsive to ping.  

The purpose of installing a persistent device (like a printer) with its IP instead of a hostname.  Name resolution depends on DNS.  DNS resolves a hostname to an IP address.  Static IP's don't change.  Your router will never assign a static address to another device on your network.  Even if that device goes to sleep, is unused, gets powered off, etc.  The moment it becomes available again, the router will give it its statically assigned IP.  When you install a printer to a device using this IP address, any device (computer) in this case can find the printer at its static IP (destination), because it doesn't change.  

There appears to be something with the network configuration which has not been discovered or revealed yet.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

click here to view the gallery
Announcements