cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TS5355a Printing but cannot communicate with scanner

Marina2
Apprentice

I have a TS5355a.  This has been working fine using wireless since new (a couple of years ago), both printing and scanning.  

Now I can print but for scanning using IJScan the error message is 'Cannot communicate with scanner' giving reasons and possible resolutions, with Code:2,157,50 at the end of the message.  I have tried everything suggested; I have deleted the printer and downloaded and installed the latest drivers then reinstalled the printer.  

From the Printer

Wireless LAN the signal strength is 57%, the Link Quality 68%

TCP/IPv4 = enable, IP address 192.168.1.25; Mask 255.255.255.0; default gateway 192.168.1.1.

I have tried with the Defender Firewall switched off.

Any suggestions please on how to get the scanner working again?

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2

Stephen

Hello!
So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know more information:
• Which version of Windows or macOS are you using?

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue.

If you're in the United States, and this is an urgent support need, please click HERE to visit your My Canon Account to discover your personalized support options.

If you're outside the USA, please click HERE to find support options in your country.

Thanks, and have a great day!

Sorry meant to say Windows 10 64 bit.

I have also tried to use the scan option from the printer properties, with error message 'A problem prevented the document from being scanned.'

I am using it for personal not work reasons so although this is frustrating me it is not yet urgent.

Announcements