cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TR8620a only prints partial page of double-sided from iOS (AirPlay)

HowardS
Apprentice

Using a TR8620a, via AirPlay from iPadOS 17.5.1

When attempting to print a file double-sided, the printer will print an incomplete page— sometimes just the front, sometimes a full front but only partial back. It will then reprint the incorrect pages, over and over OR simply stop. Ink is full. I have printed double-sided from this device before with no problems. I am printing from either Pages, or Books, or simply the Files selection.

The first occurrence of this error was from a Pages all-text document. It printed all the way to the next to last double-paged pair, and then stopped partway through the next to last page. (Of 13 pages, pages 3-13 printed. Pages 1-2 did not, printing only about two inches down on page 2.)

The printer gave an out-of-ink warning, but the only empty cartridge was the black photo cartridge— the black text cartridge (the large one) was full. Since this was a word processing document, I was surprised that it used up the smaller cartridge.

I’ve replaced the empty cartridge, but the problem continues.

Single pages print fine. Only double-sided documents mess up. There are no other problems with the pages— no streaks or missing lines, just the printing having stopped mid-print.

I did update the Firmware after the previous error occurred. (Update was done in the past few days— mid July, 2024, though I don’t recall the exact date— sometime between 7/15 and 7/25),

0 REPLIES 0
click here to view the gallery
Announcements