cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

StartHtm MFC when installing Online Manual

9000-6320
Apprentice

When I try to install the Online Manual for the MG6320, whether from the installation CD-ROM or from the .exe file downloaded from Canon Support, I receive the "STARTHtm MFC...: error msg. Everything else, including LAN connection via Ethernet Cat 6 cable, is complete, but the 6320 is not available/visible in any program.

CORRECTION: it only seemed everything had installed, seeing the Quick Menu shortcut on the Desktop, and software apparently installed in the ControlPanel. Turns out NOTHING works. Even the Ethernet connectivity isn't really.

I disconnected Ethernet and connected USB, but the 6320 wants to connect to a network through the computer rather than to  the computer only. I do NOT need this printer connected to my router/network. I bought it solely to print discs from my main computer.

ps. when trying to connect to my home network via USB, it discovered about a dozen wifi access points (I live in an apartment building). I might be able to connect if I can locate the WPS access code for the router, which must be on my (old) WinXP computer. Will try. But would prefer not using this as a network printer.

2 REPLIES 2

Jason
Whiz

Hello,

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know the version of Windows you are using.

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666) weekdays between 10 AM and 10 PM ET (7 AM to 7 PM PT).

Thanks and have a great day!

Have not been able to type any additional Edits to my message since March1. Trying "Quick Reply". All installation problems resolved themselves when I gave up trying to connect via Ethernet and allowed the MG6320 to connected wirelessly through my home wifi network.
click here to view the gallery
Announcements