cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Squealing noise in TS8320 when operating.

mengel419
Apprentice

Intermittent.  No paper jam, nozzle check OK.  I'll call tech support, but I want to try this forum first.  Any help appreciated.

6 REPLIES 6

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Difficult for someone to diagnose a sound we cannot hear.

See if you can consistently reproduce it...

Always happens if you....(this)? etc 

Scan, print, turn the machine on / off...  That might help you figure it out.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10

~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8 ~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thanks for your suggestion.  The difficulty is that it is intermittent.  It does seem most evident when the printing process begins and when the machine shuts down.  Sometimes it's loud and persistent, sometimes just a hint.  Nothing with scans.

@mengel419 wrote:

Thanks for your suggestion.  The difficulty is that it is intermittent.  It does seem most evident when the printing process begins and when the machine shuts down.  Sometimes it's loud and persistent, sometimes just a hint.  Nothing with scans.

Then it sounds like it might have something to do with the ink carrier.  Since this moves at the start of printing and parks itself when the machine is powered off.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10

~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8 ~CarePaks Are Worth It

I get a squealing sound in my 8520, which is probably similar due to the likeness of model numbers. Mine has other issues which I have elaborated in another post.I wish we could lcommunicate with the company itself instead of each pther.

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Jr4,

Our tech support reps would be happy to assist you. If you would like to speak with one of chat agents in real time please click HERE.  You will be asked to create a Canon account and once that is done, you will be able to connect with one of our chat agents Monday-Friday 8:00 am to 8:00 pm ET, excluding holidays.

We look forward to hearing from you.

remak
Apprentice

I just got this printer and that was the first thing I noticed when it turned on. Is this normal for this printer or does it get quieter? It does seem like when it is printing it makes the noise. I got this because I was having difficulties connecting to my 8 year old Canon printer and it was not this loud.

Announcements