cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Printing (MG6850)

valmeida
Contributor

I have a MG6850 exactly in the same place where I had a MG6150 and ... it is sooooooo slooooowwwwwww! One normal A4/letter page with text in several minutes and sometimes it gives up and quits the print job. I really don't know what to do with it! And no! I cannot put it right next to the Wi-Fi router, but all the other equipment work well near the place where the 6850 is and the old 6150 also worked very well there till it "died" 6 months ago!

I miss my old 6150 so much! It had all the new paper hidden inside the printer, not half outside (no dust or humidity), it had a door that opened automatically when it was going to start printing, it printed with good speed (several pages per minute) and so on. It died giving one error that I couldn't solve and I decided to buy another Canon because I had a good experience with the 6150. Big error! The 6850 that I bought because of the good reviews is a big flop!

I am thinking in buying a new printer of another brand with wireless and, preferably, Ethernet.

Please Canon, have you a good printer like the 6150 today? Or are all the new printers as "good" as the 6850?

I am so disappointed with the 6850 that I am thinking to send the 6150 to be repaired?

3 REPLIES 3

Jason
Whiz

Hi, valmeida!

To have a better understanding of your issue, please let everyone know the version of Windows or Mac you are printing from.

If this is a time-sensitive matter, our US-based technical support team is standing by, ready to help via Email at http://Canon.us/SupportCF

Thanks!

Our computers around here work with Windows 10 (sometimes, mine, with Linux over VMWare but not to print).

All software is updated, including from Canon's site.

It happens also from others Laptops (wife and kids) with Windows 10.

I think that this is because of a bad wireless signal processing capacity of the printer (many users of recent models complain from problems like this).

I am going to try to move the printer from where it is now to the middle of the floor (literally but only to do a few tests) near the router. But even if it works better I cannot leave it there. I want it where it is now, in my home office. And, for information, I have at a little distance away from the printer, connect to a stereo amplifier with speakers, a Logitech Squeezebox that receives the music files through the same WLAN and that works with no issues!

Note: My laptop usually connects to my home network through Ethernet but when I tried through the WLAN the result was the same.

Hi, valmeida!

We appreciate your participation, though we need to let you know that your product appears to be a model that is not supported by our team here at Canon USA.  The Canon Community Forum is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market.

If you live outside the United States, please click HERE and select your country to find support in your part of the world.

Feel free to discuss Canon products sold outside of the United States, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA.

Thanks for choosing Canon!

Announcements