cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scanner is saying it can't communicate and scanner is off

pls1152
Apprentice

Scanner is saying it's not able to communicate and scanner is turned off.  Codes 5, 156 & 69 are showing up.  I've checked everything and all looks good.  Please help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi,

You can try removing and reinstall the printer/scanner driver. If that does not resolve the issue but you are able to print and just not scan, there may be something interfering with the scanner driver. This could be caused by a firewall or security program, and I would recommend reaching out to Microsoft support to them have check your computer. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

James_C

Hi, pls1152!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which operating system is running on your computer (i.e. Windows or Mac OS, and which version thereof). It would also help us to know which specific scanner model series you're using. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE to search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

windows 10 and I have a canon pixmaMG2522.  thank you

Hi,

You can try removing and reinstall the printer/scanner driver. If that does not resolve the issue but you are able to print and just not scan, there may be something interfering with the scanner driver. This could be caused by a firewall or security program, and I would recommend reaching out to Microsoft support to them have check your computer. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements