cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scan Failed Pixma MP470

JodiFredi
Apprentice

Recently purchased a Pixma MP470. I had one previoulsy and loved it. Cannot get this one to scan. Using with iMac OS X Yosemite. Reinstalled software, but did not fix problem. When I first tried to print got a message about permissions. Clicked on that and the problem of printing has been solved. Scanner still does not work.

3 REPLIES 3

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi JodiFredi,

The PIXMA MP470 is not compatible with OS X v10.10 (Yosemite).  The PIXMA MP470 was compatible with OS X v10.2 - 10.5.  You are eligible for Canon's Upgrade Program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service, or for some reason are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This option allows you a one-time opportunity to purchase a replacement product, discounted from the list price.

To help you get up and running quickly, we also offer free standard shipping (if the order is completed by 12:30PM ET). If you would like to take part in this option, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 seven days a week, 8am to Midnight. Let them know you have been working with technical support and the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hmm. That's curious, since I've been using the MP470 with Yosemite for quite some time with no problems. My original printer used the U1.2 software. This one, though newly purchased, must be an older version, since the software is U1.1, and it does not run on the U1.2 software.

The discount you mention I presume runs till 12:30pm ET tomorrow, since your message got to me after that time today.

Thanks.

Hi JodiFredi.

The Canon Upgrade Program is not time-locked, though only one purchase is eligible for the discount per time offered.  Free standard shipping is included, though how quickly it may be sent out is dependent on when we receive the order.  We're only able to process the Canon Upgrade Program discount by phone, so it is limited to our phone-based Canon Direct operator hours.

I hope this clears up the Canon Upgrade Program for you.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Announcements