cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reset (if necessary) before recycling

leaf
Apprentice

Decided to recycle my Pixma MX882 as the cost to replace the ink absorber is close to buying a new printer.  Screen message says to contact service and won't let me access any settings.  How do you reset it in this case?  Concerned someone could access personal info such as wifi.                                                                                                                                    

1 REPLY 1

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Its worth while to take reasonable steps to protect personal information, but not in this case. 

The printer is not a hard drive.  If you cannot power cycle the printer to a operating state, neither can someone else.  Consider the value, what's at stake here.  I assure you no one is sitting at the landfill or eWaste recycling center waiting to see if they can extract information about you or the wireless network at your home from your "broken" printer.    

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements