cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reset a MP600 with U052 error code

hlplacid
Apprentice

Hello. I'm unable to reset my printer that has an error code of U052. Is there a way to manually reset this printer, since I am unable to navigate to settings? 

Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

U052 error is found here:

Canon Knowledge Base - LCD error messages on MP600

This is an error with the Print Head.  If the steps provided do not resolve this issue, the printhead is damaged or has reached the end of its usable life.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thank you.

I have tried those steps and it looks like I'll need new part(s).

I want to recycle this printer and need to reset it to factory default settings. 
I am unable to do the reset since I cannot clear the error.

I'm looking for a way to reset this printer, without getting new parts to fix the print head issue and clear the error so I can access the main menu.

Greetings,

No need to reset anything.  The printer does not hold any personal information with the exception of wireless information or Scan to email if applicable.

No one is going to bother trying to extract information from your (malfunctioning) damaged device.  It will be scraped.

Its not like it has a hard drive with tax or banking information.  Just dump it.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thank you. I was trying to follow guidance from Canon. Even though the unit has no hard drive or memory to wipe, it was recommended to reset to factory default settings.

If I can't reset, I will just recycle as is.

Cheers,

-Helga

Announcements