cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request for a small form factor printer with Ethernet connectivity

hectorchevantes
Apprentice

Am I the only one that wants a small form factor printer/scanner that has the option to connect into a network via Ethernet? I don't need a document feeder. I use one a hand full times a year. Don't have a lot of space for the big home office printers. Just want to print a document. Fill it out and scan back to PC to be emailed. I've always had the worst luck with printers connected to networks via wifi. Hardwired connection just works.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

normadel
Authority
Authority

It's unfortunate that printer makers seem not to commonly provide wired Ethernet on many of their printers anymore. It's probably because it saves money in equipment design, and many people do not even know about wired networking.....WiFi is all they know. Thankfully my laser printers all have wired.

I agree that wired is much preferable to WiFi. I switched to taking my WiFi-only Pixma off network and using it via USB.  There  ARE USB-to-wired Ethernet adapters (lots on Amazon) to allow network use of USB-only printers. I can't recommend any specific one, but there are offerings from reputable brand-name networking makers.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Danny

Thanks for joining the conversation, hectorchevantes!  Our sales team can figure out the best printer to suit your specific needs.  If you're in the USA, you can call them weekdays and Saturdays at 1-800-385-2155 or you can chat with them by going HERE and then clicking on the red "Chat" button at the lower right.

Hope this helps!

normadel
Authority
Authority

It's unfortunate that printer makers seem not to commonly provide wired Ethernet on many of their printers anymore. It's probably because it saves money in equipment design, and many people do not even know about wired networking.....WiFi is all they know. Thankfully my laser printers all have wired.

I agree that wired is much preferable to WiFi. I switched to taking my WiFi-only Pixma off network and using it via USB.  There  ARE USB-to-wired Ethernet adapters (lots on Amazon) to allow network use of USB-only printers. I can't recommend any specific one, but there are offerings from reputable brand-name networking makers.

normadel
Authority
Authority

You can always look at the specs for a printer you like the looks of to see what connectivity it has.

Yeah I did that and the first ones that have Ethernet connectivity are twice the price and twice the size with features I'll never use. Like you said though most people don't network. They just wifi from the providers gateway/wifi router or whatever you wanna call it haha.

There're lot of folks out there that don't understand that WiFi IS Ethernet networking, same a wired Ethernet. WiFi just substitutes radio waves for wires!

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

This is easy to find.  Printer buying guide, select ethernet connectivity.  You can shop, home, office, mega-tank, etc.

Home Printers - Printers - Consumer Catalog (canon.com)

shadowsports_0-1695406091135.png

shadowsports_1-1695406136048.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements