Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacing wifi card in Canon MX922

callie7918
Contributor

7 REPLIES 7

Danny

Hi, callie7918!

So that the Community can help you better, please tell us more about the problem you're encountering with your PIXMA MX922 and its Wi-Fi connectivity.  If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

Printer shows connected, but when you try to print remoter WiFi, it says printer is not connected. Have tried several times to reload firmware and still cannot connect.

Believe WiFi card, if it has one, is defective and I would like instructions on how to replace it.

Hi,

While Canon does not have steps on how to replace the network card in the printer, I can assist you with troubleshooting. 

I recommend checking to see if your computer can access the printers remote user interface. Please click HERE for the steps to print the network settings of your printer. When the page prints, you are going to be looking for the IPV4 IP Address. 

Once you have the printers IP Address,  open a web browser on your computer, and in the address bar, please type the IP Address on the configuration page into the address bar. Next, tap Go or Enter to access the page.  Are you able to see the printer's remote interface? 

We look forward to your reply. 

After typing in the IP address, all I get is a web page telling me it’s a private IP address and nothing else.

Hi, callie7918! We checked the link and it corresponds to a page that's publicly accessible. Just click here to try again, and if problems persist, consider trying again on a different browser or a different device.

Hope this helps!

Tried using Goggle and Firefox. Results were the same, timed out before connecting.

Think we figured it out.

we have two routers. The main router is from Frontier Comm and the second is one we purchased and added as an extender for WiFi throughout the house.

The printer was set up the other netgear. When we set it up through the Frontier router, the printer started working.

Announcements