cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re MX925 auto head clean and ink use

MikeWhitworth
Contributor

Hi Yesterday I purchased a MX925 and while it appears to be working OK it also appears / sounds as if it is going through a head cleaning process every time I print something ? IS IT if so surely this will use an allfull lot of ink ?

Mike 

4 REPLIES 4

lasplend
Apprentice

Same problem with my MG5420.  Doesn't anyone have a solution or comment????

Hi lasplend,

There is not a way to adjust or modify the frequency of the cleanings; the printer will do this automatically according to its condition.  Ink is sometimes used to maintain the optimal printing quality.  When the printer performs cleaning, a small amount of ink is consumed. In this case, all color inks may be consumed. The cleaning function helps the printer to suck air bubbles or ink itself from the nozzle and thus prevents print quality degradation or nozzle clogging.  

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us using one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I have expirimented with this issue and found a way to prevent the auto cleaning cycle from occuring.

This method applies for those instances where you want to print multiple documents at one time.

By puting the printer in PAUSE mode prior to printing, prints job will be stacked in the printer QUE for later printing.

When you are ready to print your documents, simply remove the check next to PAUSE and printing will begin.

Once all pages have been printed, select PAUSE again to prevent the cleaning cycle from starting. Be sure to do this within the 60 second time frame after the last page has printed.

The shortcut Alt/A keys pressed simultaneous toggles the PAUSE mode.

If you know of any other solutions please POST

Miniek
Apprentice
Is selfcleaning process run only just before /after cleaning ? Or shluld it be trigerred at longer breakes of usage?
Announcements